Dear friends and partners of Save a Life International
We have so much news! We continue to help save the unborn by changing the lives of the mothers for the better.
We are delighted to announce the appointment of the new member to our Board of Directors, Ioann Ustenko!
Ioann is currently serving as a Senior Pastor of Ukrainian Baptist Church and the Vice President of Ukrainian Baptist Convention in USA. He is married to Olga and they have 5 children.
Save a Life Intl. is happy to have you on our team!
On March 30, we had the Grand Opening of our fifth Life Center in Odessa, Ukraine. Being a major port city in the country, Odessa is very diverse in every sense. The city with over 1,5 million population іs home to teen prostitution, sex slavery and a high teen pregnancy rate. 70% of families raise children without fathers and it impacts the whole generation of young kids.
A team of 15 volunteers were trained as counselors for women experiencing crisis pregnancies, domestic violence and sexual abuse. Our programs are already available to our new clients, who started coming to the Center right after the opening. Many city officials from different agencies were present at the Opening and are willing to partner with us
- In the week before the Life Center Opening our team did pro-life presentations in various schools and colleges of Odessa. Over 1000 students were reached with abstinence messages in 4 days! You can watch some videos on our website
- Our volunteers continues to give abstinence lessons in local schools and colleges in Lutsk region, Zaporizhia and Chernivtsy. We receive dozens of letters from grateful students, thanking us for sharing this important information, stating that no one spoke with them about these issues before.
- Please pray for open doors to academia, because we are already feeling some pressure from various groups to stop abstinence teaching to students.
- We need your prayers for open doors to academia, because we are already feeling some pressure from various groups to stop abstinence teaching to students.
- Our post –abortion course lead by counselor Mika’l and Sarah from South Carolina, USA was very successful. Twenty women gathered together outside of Odessa for 3 days to heal from abortion trauma and were trained to help others.
- Our “Learn to Earn” and abstinence programs continue to grow and expend and we see many positive results when women turn their lives around, start coming to Church and getting saved! We continue to help save the unborn by changing the lives of the mothers for the better. You can check out our website for the stories of our moms and their lives.
- June 14-17 Save a Life will have our third conference in Ukraine where all volunteers from our Life Centers and guests from other countries will worship, learn and share what God is doing through our organization. If you would like to visit Ukraine, please contact me to register.
News from Norway
On April 4th, my husband Vladimir and I, were invited to give a live interview on Christian TV in Norway: TV Visjon Norge. We had a chance to bring up the issue of abortion to the audience and met many wonderful people whose hearts are aching for women in crisis and want to help save lives of the unborn at risk of abortion, in Norway.
- Open doors to schools and Universities for pro-life presentations.
- Our volunteer conference in June in Ukraine.
- The opening of a Life Center in Poland.
- For God’s blessing on our supporters.
- Protection for our volunteers as they reach out to students.
- For new volunteers, as many workers are needed.
A big Thank You to the Youth of First UBC
Save the Date for our Banquet
Our Save a Life Intl. Fundraising Banquet will be on September 29 in the Philadelphia area. An Invitation will follow.
I am very grateful to our supporters, without your financial and prayerful support this work wouldn’t be possible!